Ok I know this is on Sunday again and I’m not going to make a habit of it. Unless we call it Weekend Spitballin’ with Andy. But that retracts the alliteration, and that was the whole point of the original title. Anyway, I digress. Let’s get to the important part. Baseball is back!
As you may remember, I am a die-hard Cubs fan. It seems like it was yesterday that I created my original guest blog post about the roller coast ride that is being a Cubs fan and my first World Series experience. My cousin is quite the kind woman to allow me to post on her blog about the team that beat her beloved Indians in the World Series last year. But maybe it helps that I’m totally rooting for the Indians this year (unless there’s a rematch again, then I obviously have to cheer on my Cubbies)!
The 2017 MLB season is one I am greatly looking forward to. Shall I create a Top 10 list of what I’m looking forward to the most? Well since I can’t actually hear your answer, I’ll do it anyway. But if you did say no, feel free to skip this part.
Top 10 Aspects of the 2017 MLB Baseball Season I’m Looking Forward To
- Javier Baez’s defense. That guy somehow catches everything and covers the entire field. He put on a clinic in the playoffs last year and I’m extremely excited to watch him work towards an every-day role.
- The Bryzzo Souvenir Shop commercials. Now those things are funny. Two of my favorite players teaming up for some great marketing and great brotherhood. Love it.
- Dexter Fowler on the Cardinals. I’m interested to see how well he does with the Cardinals. As much as I do not want the Cardinals to win, I want that man to be as successful as possible. Mr. Fowler has a special place in my heart.
- Enjoying the immediate gratification of watching my favorite team play every day. I mean they play April through October and have like 15 off days. What’s better than getting to watch your favorite team every single day? Gosh dangit that’s good stuff.
- Kyle Hendricks. Was last year a fluke? Is he really going to be dominant again? Is he still going to look like one of the Manning brothers? I’d like to think the answers to those questions are heck no, absolutely yes, and forever and always.
- Making fun of Cardinals fans. I am looking forward to doing a pretty regularly routine of hefty trash talking to Cardinals fans, but mostly this year because they can’t use their World Series argument anymore. Even though they still have way more, but we won’t talk about that.
- Actually knowing the players on the Indians’ roster. I went to Game 1 of the World Series last year and honestly did not know 75% of the Indians players. That has absolutely changed. Boy are they good.
- Being the annoying fan saying, “oh yeah, well when was the last time you won the World Series?” I’m only going to say that jokingly. But not really. It’s finally my turn.
- Not having PTSD from the previous year’s embarrassment of a collection of baseball games. It’s seriously strange going into a baseball season and not have convince myself that “this is the year.” Stupid goat. You can go back to where you came from, we’re done.
- Watching America’s pastime and enjoying the beautiful, majestic, pure, and perfection that is baseball.
So with all that being said, baseball season is here. Start smellin’ those hot dogs, putting on that sunscreen, dodging the peanuts that that guy keeps throwin’ at you, ignoring the cotton candy guy, and singing the Seventh Inning Stretch in your best Harry Caray impersonation. Because baseball is back everyone. Let’s play ball.